she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
MECHANICAL KINGDOM: SK #3
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 15:30:02 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
24 break apart a machine or mechanism (not a pokemon) and witness what appears to be a soul being released.
29 encounter mechanical tsareena that hunt you aggressively, attempting to fence with their sharp, blade legs.
19 involve an elevator ride that goes horrifically wrong.
32 either by exploring clockwork tunnels underneath the city or the castle, liberate carbink who have been working in other coal engines for eons.
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 15:36:26 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]While it was a haunting sight, she took some solace in the bones being visibly old, like nearing turning to dust. It was possible the threat was long gone. Anything could have happened to these people and pokemon, really. She didn't have the knowledge of bones and forensics to assess anything deeper. [break][break]

They walked deeper into the castle without stumbling into more bones. Eventually, they came across a sphere made of gears. The gears were twitching, not quite in full movement as the device must've been designed to do, but it was still active. [break][break]

She picked it up. "What purpose would this serve?" It didn't seem to be a component of a larger machine because the gears were all self-contained, not edged out to interact with external pieces at all. She turned it over in her hands only for the sphere to suddenly split in two. [break][break]

Something blue-green-white exited it like a gas, dissipating into the air before them. She blinked, processing.

[break][break] | 24 break apart a machine or mechanism (not a pokemon) and witness what appears to be a soul being released. [break]
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 15:55:31 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silverio"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

what he had previously stated was nothing more than a simple hypothesis. although, the bones flooding the grounds here may very well be the work of nature itself, but any attempt to prove such a theory would be deemed erratically impossible at this rate. with that in mind, silverio opted to not waste time in playing what would sound to be a guessing game with the environment.[break][break]

caution as to not step over the rotting skeletons. along the path to potential discoveries, his partner picked up a mechanical trinket, which catches silv's widened eyes. but before he'd have a chance to examine it himself, it breaks apart, no fault of keiko's though. surely there must have been a use for it, as he would guess. "every machine supposedly has a source that powers it..."[break][break]

could the brilliance of the aura that had dispered from the broken sphere have been that source? like a lab rat freed from its cage, though there was no telling at this point. still..."i can't say for sure, but if that's the case here, then i'd say this little trinket may have just run out of juice." light steps continued ahead as the paldean sought to wrap his head around all the mechanical wonders they've seen thus far.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

prompts completed: 1 of 4[break]
bingo: brilliance[break]
greninja is still burned

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.silverio]--accent:#052bed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silverio]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 16:03:02 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She felt sad for the machine in her hands. It had done its job in running for so long that it eventually ran out of juice. "I guess that was the power source?" She wasn't sure what to make of it. She put the pieces of the sphere down gently, feeling sentimental for an item she hadn't known about a minute ago. [break][break]

The entire pocket universe was seeming like a dressed-up graveyard. Broken toys and old, old bodies. She wasn't sure what to make of it. [break][break]

"And not a soul in this castle," she said with a growing suspicion. "And no sign of the creator of these gadgets." She turned to look at Silverio as they continued through the large hallway. "I don't know what to make of it all." They approached a large staircase moving upwards. "Maybe we'll find a bedroom or something." An old-timey painting of a family or the heir seemed to be long overdue in this giant castle. Isn't that the kind of decor they were supposed to have? [break][break]

She was too deep in thought to realize the methodical, mechanical footfalls that approached them from behind.

[break][break] | [break]
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 17:19:08 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"it might've been...i'm starting to think this whole place is being powered by something...as to what that might be, who knows..."[break][break]

as one who sought to study the environment itself, he would've loved to get a closer look at the device that had just fallen into ruin. in fact, he could vaguely recall one of his teachers in paldea who specialized in researching ancient artifacts. a farcry from the mechanisms that he and keiko have toyed with up to this point - the skyline, the door leadingo the castle, and not to mention, the first mechanized volcanion they had battled against.[break][break]

one thing was certain: they needed more clues...[break][break]

keiko was right; since their arrival in this realm, there was no other person in sight, only them, surrounded by technology unlike any he'd ever seen in the past, passing through what appeared to be remains of an unresolved war. like her, he would also hope to find as much as a hint on what may be lurking here - or what did lurk here for a time.[break][break]

and yet...[break][break]

something may have just found them instead. at the sounds of metal clanking the floor below them, silverio slowly turned his eyes to look behind them. what had come into view was nothing short of a shocker: a trio of metallicized minions resembling a queenly pokémon known for their majestic, powerful legs - tsareena. and with a burning red hue in their eyes, they appeared to be hazardly hostile. "shit...!"[break][break]

silv instinctively tossed a pokéball to summon his noble dark knight, ceruledge, to the field. with his blade-arms, he'd clash with a leg from two of the metal dolls. if there was a time for two humans to go and haul ass, it would be now.

NOTES

prompts completed: 2 of 4[break]
bingo: war[break]
greninja is still burned[break]
✦ 29 encounter mechanical tsareena that hunt you aggressively, attempting to fence with their sharp, blade legs.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.silverio]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 17:30:02 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]What a theory. A central power source for the whole realm? If there was, she suspected it would be beneath the castle. Perhaps, they should go down instead of up... [break][break]

"And away we go!" Audino stood with his Ceruledge and used fireblast at the mechanical Tsareena, helping to cover their escape. She fled up the stairs quickly, which forked into a left and right hallway. "Whatever route, we just need to find our way down without suffering their wrath." She chose left on instinct, breaking into a full sprint at the sound of the Tsareenas' cries. Who knew how many would be here?[break][break]

At the end of the hall was some signage in a language she didn't know. But there was an elevator, filled with brass and gold elements that simultaneously reminded her of mine shafts and of steampunk novels. "Down it is," she murmured. Her Audino hadn't returned to her yet, so the fight of the Tsareenas must be a long one.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 19:57:09 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

soon enough, her audino joined the fight to suppress the menacing mechanical fruit queens, and its burst of flames would indeed cripple some of the tsareena-bots. should the flames be enough to melt through their steel frames, it could provide an opening for her trainer and the others make haste and flee the scene. to help make sure of this, the dark knight pokémon broke his stance, swinging his sharp blade-arms to swat the machines' legs away. with heat intensifying in both arms, it swung once more, a series of blows with his bitter blade were enough to knock those bots back a tad.[break][break]

a chance to escape![break][break]

but even so, the bots refused to relent; it was as if they had sensed a disturbance within their kingdom, in which case, they may have deemed the two humans and their pokémon as such - as if they were some form of an anomaly, that they didn't belong here. meanwhile, silverio was quick to follow suit of the pinkette, allowing her to choose a path outward for them for the sake of their survival. he accelerated, turning to left at the fork in the halls just as she did, coming at a stop to...an elevator? the kind that one would find inside organized caverns.[break][break]

neither her audino nor has ceruledge had brought up the rear. "please be okay..." meanwhile, with the opening provided by their combined strengths, the ghostly warrior waved an arm at the audino, with the other arm motioning in the direction of whence their trainers had sped off, signaling for them to make their move out of this predicament.

NOTES

prompts completed: 2 of 4[break]
bingo: anomaly[break]
greninja is still burned[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 20:14:52 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She slammed the button beside the elevator door to get it to open, but nothing moved. "Broken?" The light inside the elevator was working, so there was certainly some power getting to it. The button array just... wasn't functional. She braced herself with a foot on the wall, sticking her fingers into the grate of the door and pulling hard to get the elevator open. It creaked unhappily but finally gave way, giving them an opportunity to get inside. [break][break]

By the time the door opened enough for them, she heard the sounds of pokemon. Thankfully, it was their own instead of the Tsareena. "Thank goodness," she exhaled as she stepped into the elevator. "We can get down there with our team intact. Whatever's powering the castle - and maybe the entire realm - must be underneath." As Audino neared, Keiko clicked her capture capsule to return Audino to her pokeball. They wanted to have room in the elevator, after all. [break][break]

Once everyone was aboard, she'd hit the down button. [break][break]

And then the elevator sunk like a rock, not in a controlled fall at all but completely unrestrained by any safety cords altogether.

[break][break] | 19 involve an elevator ride that goes horrifically wrong. [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 21:07:17 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"what...!?" well...[break][break]

this could've gone far better. at first glance, the elevator appeared to be fully functional...until it wasn't! as if the two humans hadn't already experienced enough disasters since the beginning of this expedition, well, add another one to the ongoing list of unpredictable mishaps. but just as the man would rush over to lend a helping hand to her, keiko managed to pry it open, and not a moment too soon as their pokémon had finally come scampering from behind them, miraculously evading the rampaging tsareena-bots.[break][break]

"thanks for the help, now you go and rest up, too." the ranger called for his knight to return to his spherical headquarters and rest along the straps of his waist. because surely, there wasn't enough space inside the elevator for two humans and two pokémon, or perhaps not even just one of them. he would stand by his theory, that something must be responsible for providing the necessary energy for this entire world.[break][break]

"i hope you're right, although i think it's plain to see now that some of these mechs have a mind of their ow- waaaaaahhh!?!?!"[break][break]

was an elevator supposed to move that quickly? it felt more like a freefall from an airborne corviknight than a motorized descent. by the time the wild ride would come to an end, the paldean found himself downed with his back slammed against a wall. "dammit...oh, you alright?"

NOTES

prompts completed: 3 of 4[break]
greninja is still burned lol[break]
---[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 21:14:30 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She was used to some high velocities as a frequent flier, rider, and otherwise rapid-traveling courier. That said, when the elevator descended so sharply, she blacked out. [break][break]

She woke on the floor of the elevator. A groan spilled out of her mouth as she dared to lift her head, dizziness and nausea suffocating her. She heard the tail end of Silverio's question. "Never... better." She pulled herself up slowly. She thought, at first, that it was her pounding head that filled her ears with a pulsing, stuffy sound. [break][break]

As she got to her feet, however, it was clear to see that the noise stemmed from the hallway-like mine shaft ahead of them. Dozens of carbink lined the walls, picking away at the stone maze. "What the fuck have we stumbled into?"

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 21:42:03 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

his life to this point had flashed before his eyes prior touching down at a locale perhaps far beneath the initial grounds. keiko didn't appear to any better off in that sense. on a scale of one to ten, with ten being the best, a judge could slam them both with a whopping 'zero' for their respective landings.[break][break]

with his hands planted on the steel floor below him, he propped himself back up to a vertical base. sounds of something beating began to ring in the man's ears, but as it turns out, it was something far greater - louder - than an impending migraine. countless rock-fairies, seemingly working in unison. but for what!?[break][break]

"i'm not sure what this is supposed to be, but..."[break][break]

slow steps forward as his eyes scanned the walls. what could the carbink be poking around slabs of stone for? was there something hidden down here that no other person or pokémon had managed to uncover as of yet? or...perhaps...[break][break]

"i think we've just found that so-called main power source; think about it for a sec'. these carbink must have been digging around, slaving away here for who-knows-how-long, and maybe they're likely to have found nothing at the rate they're going. remember the pillar we saw earlier? it was missing some gears; if i had to guess, i think these guys are probably digging for part to replace any missing gears."[break][break]

such is the life of a scholar; theories, experiments, trials-and-errors. all for the sake of learning. and boy has he learned some big deal from this adventure.[break][break]

"if that's the case, then...i don't think that's fair. i think it's clear that these guys need some help..."

NOTES

prompts completed: 4 of 4[break]
greninja is still burned lol[break]
✦ 32 either by exploring clockwork tunnels underneath the city or the castle, liberate carbink who have been working in other coal engines for eons.[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP